Rejection?! What’s Wrong with My Research Paper?
Rejection is a common thing in the academic sphere, and many researchers will confirm that fact. Of course, rejection of research papers by journals is an unpleasant thing and make authors upset, but it doesn’t mean you should give up and abandon attempts to publish your work. On the contrary, look at this situation from a different perspective. You have additional time to improve your writing, deepen research on the issue and sharpen the style.
In general, the reasons why the articles are not accepted by the magazines can be divided into two big groups. The first one covers more technical aspects, and it is usually related to the following points:
- The area of the research isn’t suitable for the scope of the magazine, that’s why the paper won’t stir up interest in the reader’s audience.
- The author didn’t include all compulsory sections required by the magazine in the manuscript.
- Plagiarism in the manuscript.
- Insufficient amount of information to confirm the statements offered as a part of the research.
- The author didn’t use clear and understandable procedures and methodology to establish the results.
- The data and arguments provided by the author aren’t enough to establish the essential idea.
- Included statistical results are not valid.
- Assumptions and conclusions are not confirmed by sufficient data.
The second group of factors may be called editorial reasons.
- The scholar didn’t meet author guidelines set by the journal while presenting the research paper.
- Inappropriate word choice and low language quality.
- Excessive use of self-citations (too many references to author’s previous works).
- The author used outdated and insufficiently important references.
- Incomprehensible and invalid arguments.
- The article was found to be submitted to several journals.
- The paper has illogical language, structure, and figures.
How can you affect the situation?
Nobody is insured from failure, but still, you can take some steps and increase your chances for success. Preceding from the above reasons you should focus your attention on such things.
Be careful while choosing the magazine. The issue of your article must coincide with the scope of the journal you are going to submit to. Take a look at articles published in the journal earlier; in this way, you will make sure that you don’t waste time. Without this step, you may submit the article to a journal that will not even consider it.
Create impactful research. You need to move in one direction with the journal, and for that reason, your content’s impact should correlate with the stuff published so far in the journal. In order to get published you have to show your research in the context, describe its theoretical implications and practical applications.
Strictly adhere to journals requirements. Guidelines offered by journals may vary; some journals put the authors in a strict framework, others are more loyal. By the fact, you must know about all rules and specifications and follow them. Pay attention to the mandatory sections and the formatting rules.
Create a powerful argument. You should be clear, certainly state our idea and support it with valid data. The only correct way for you is to move in the direction from the data to conclusions using reliable procedures and methodology.
Rely on the latest solid references. Science is developing extremely quickly; therefore, new information and sources where it can be found are constantly emerging. Appropriate references greatly increase the rating of the article.
Provide effective communication. For that, you have to sharpen your writing skills and take care of your language level. Be attentive while choosing the words and build your text correctly.
Be logical in your arguments. You should follow the laws of logic, as they are common for any sphere. In this case, readers will be able to easily and correctly understand your point of view.
Create review pieces. Taking part in scientific discussions provides writing paper reviews and responses that have pretty high chances to get published. Besides, publishers like such pieces, as they stimulate discussions and grab attention.
Writing and editing. You may start with simple words to convey your knowledge and more focus on planning all necessary sections and arguments. Only after that, it’s high time to proceed to edit and format.
Work with good co-authors. This phenomenon isn’t so wide-spread among scholars, as most of them work independently, but it may take place. This option is especially good for the researchers who are only at the beginning of their professional careers. Segregation of the work and duties can greatly improve the final output.
Check the originality of content. Today there is a huge number of plagiarism checkers to ensure originality; it’s up to you to decide which one to prefer.
Keep the key idea bright. You shouldn’t put everything you know on the issue in one paper. Clearly define what basic idea is your sphere of interest and then gather the necessary evidence. If you feel the big potential of the issue, you can split your ideas into different papers.
|Previous post: Essay on Modern Novels||Next post: How to Write a Synthesis Essay – Step-by-Step Guide|